Facts About Queen are lesser known to Public, Even though Queen Elizabeth II was one of the few global leaders who was always in the spotlight, the Royal Family has always been somewhat of an enigma. With bizarre rumours and even accusations surrounding the Royal Family, it has been a challenge to find out the people they truly are. Queen Elizabeth II was one of the world’s most influential leaders, and yet people are barely aware about anything other than the strict rules followed in Buckingham Palace and all the Non-Disclosure Agreements that are signed.
As an ode to the great leader Her Majesty The Queen was, Feedhour has brought to you some of the most interesting, lesser known facts about the great monarch.
These are the 10 interesting facts about queen Elizabeth II-
- She was not in the country when the news of her ascend after her father’s demise reached her. She was on a tour of Australia and New Zealand with her husband when she found out that the King had passed away and she was to take over the throne.
- Her Majesty the Queen will be buried in Westminster Abbey after 10 days of the mourning proceedings – the same place where her coronation was held on 2nd June, 1953. It truly is the end of an era.
- Queen Elizabeth II was not always the apparent heir to the throne. The throne was supposed to go to the lineage of her uncle, but he gave up the throne to be with the woman he loved. The crown was then passed to her father. After his sudden demise and her mother becoming the Queen Mother instead of taking the crown, she became Queen Elizabeth II.
- She was the sixth female ever to ascend to the British throne. She took over the monarch after her father’s demise and was Queen and governing head of the state of 15 countries around the world.
- She had various hobbies. The Queen was not just a Royal who was only there as the face of the Royal Family. She had a favourite simplicity to life. She was a keen horsewoman and was frequently seen attending races. She was also extremely financially intelligent. It wasn’t just because of her inheritance that she was the richest woman in the world.
- She was the longest reigning monarch in the history of Great Britain. She surpassed her great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria’s record in 2015, who ruled for 63 years. Passing away at the age of 96 years, Queen Elizabeth II ruled Britain with an iron fist for 70 years.
7. The Queen’s last act, two days before her demise, was to appoint a new Prime Minister, Liz Truss, the former Foreign Secretary. They were photographed shaking hands when Truss accepted the 15th Prime Minister of the Queen’s reign.
8. Her Majesty The Queen was the only person who did not need a driving licence to drive or a passport to travel. This is because both documents were issued in her name, meaning that she was not required to have them. This is a privilege held solely by the monarch.
9. The Queen volunteered as a truck driver during WW-2 before she took over the throne from her father – making her the first member of the Royal Family to serve in the military.
10. The Queen owned over 30 Corgis. Her Majesty was a dog lover just like us! She had 30 corgis over the lifetimes, sometimes even 9 at a time! There were all descends of her first corgi, gifted to her in 1944.
The Queen lived a long and fulfilling life. May her soul rest in peace.
For more Facts About Queen visit FEEDHOUR.