Is it your secret guilty pleasure to watch recipe reels of baked heaven on social media all day? If yes, then it’s time for you to stop watching the reels and step into baking yourself. The best starting point would be Banana bread. It’s one of the most beloved baked goods in the UK and has been a staple in British baking for decades.
The banana bread recipe is simple and includes only a few ingredients. You can bake this affordable and accessible treat anytime at home. This baked goodness is a popular breakfast option and a delicious snack and can even be served as a dessert. There are many popular versions of banana bread recipes in the UK, such as adding chocolate chips or nuts to the recipe.
Easy banana bread recipe you must try
Today, we’ll share the best banana bread recipe that everyone must try at least once. The recipe is quite easily and involves just a couple of ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. If you are new to cooking or shy away from complex recipes, then this easy banana recipe will be perfect for you to step into baking.
The popular banana bread is famous for a reason. Its primary ingredient is ripe bananas, which are affordable and easy to find. As we said earlier, for this easy banana bread recipe, you don’t have to run around the grocery to pick the following ingredients:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Here are the steps of the most delicious and easy banana bread recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork until smooth, and add 1/3 cup melted butter into it and mix well.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of baking soda until mixed properly. You will see the mixture start foaming up.
- Next, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 large beaten egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in the mixture.
- Follow that with 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour to the mixture and mix until the batter is mixed well but not overmixed.
- Next, pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
There you go! Your mouthwatering banana bread is ready to be devoured! Just let the banana bread cool down in the pan for about 10 minutes. Post that, you can transfer it to a wire rack to cool it completely.
Tips for baking the best banana bread
Baking can be stressful for first-time bakers but with the right directions, you can easily get expertise in baking not only the best banana bread recipe but also other baked goods. Here are some tips that will make baking these banana bread easy for you:
- Use ripe bananas. The more they are ripe, the sweeter and tasty your bread will be.
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine them. This helps to ensure that everything is mixed evenly.
- Don’t overmix your batter as it can result in tough and dense bread, leading to bad taste.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the centre of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, your bread is ready to be enjoyed.
How to serve banana bread?
Once your banana bread has cooled completely, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! Here are a few ideas for serving your freshly baked banana bread:
- Plain: Sometimes, simple is best. Slice up your banana bread and serve it plain for a delicious breakfast.
- Top it with butter or cream cheese: For a richer flavor, top your banana bread with a butter or cream cheese dollop. This adds a creamy and tangy element that perfectly goes with the sweet banana flavor.
- With ice cream: Serve your banana bread with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a unique dessert. The warm bread and cold ice cream go hand in hand to create a delicious texture and taste.
If you have been craving something sweet, flavorful and healthy at the same time, then you have to try out this best banana bread recipe that can be whipped in under a couple of minutes with just a few and common ingredients. Our easy-to-follow instructions and tips will make sure that you bake the most delicious banana bread ever. Whether you serve it for breakfast, as a snack or dessert, this banana bread recipe will help you fulfil all your cravings. For more such updates, visit Feedhour.