Dairy free recipes have become increasingly popular in recent years due to the growing number of people who have either developed lactose intolerance or chosen to adopt a dairy-free diet for health reasons. As a result, there has been a significant increase in the demand for dairy-free alternatives, which has led to the development of many new and creative recipes that cater to this need. One of the most popular dairy free recipes is dairy-free mac and cheese. This recipe uses nut-based cheese alternatives like almond or cashew cheese, and other dairy-free ingredients to create a creamy, cheesy sauce that is every bit as satisfying as the traditional version. This dish is popular because it offers an alternative that is just as tasty as the original but without the lactose and dairy products. There are multiple ways to know about the best dairy free recipes online. However, Feedhour has curated a list of the best dairy free recipes to ease your research. Here is a list of the most popular dairy free recipes that you never want to miss:
1. Extra Special Bangers ‘N’ Mash
Here are the steps to make Extra Special Bangers ‘N’ Mash:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the sausages on the sheet.
- While the sausages are baking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Using a whisk, combine the flour and the mixture. Once the potatoes are mashed, you should have a smooth, creamy consistency. Gradually add the beef broth, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the gravy simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper will enrich the taste to the next level.
- In a separate pot, boil the chopped potatoes in salted water until they are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 cup of milk. The potatoes must be mashed to make them smooth and creamy.
- To serve, place a serving of mashed potatoes on each plate and top it with the sausages. Spoon the gravy over the sausages and mashed potatoes. It is one of the best dairy free recipes.
2. Aromatic Sri Lankan-Style Chicken Curry
Here are the steps to make Aromatic Sri Lankan-Style Chicken Curry:
Step 1: Preparing the Spices
In a small bowl, mix together the turmeric, cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, chili powder, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
Step 2: Cooking the Onion and Garlic
First, the oil must be heated in a large saucepan at medium temperature then Add the diced onion and cook until it becomes translucent about 5 minutes. Then, add the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for an additional minute.
Step 3: Adding the Chicken
Increase the heat to high and add the chicken pieces to the pan. About 5-7 minutes later, they will be browned on all sides.
Step 4: Adding the Tomato
Add the diced tomato to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: Adding the Spices
Add the prepared spice mix to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. This will help the spices to release their flavor and aroma.
Step 6: Adding the Liquid
Heat the coconut milk and water together in the pan. Reduce the heat to low and let the curry simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent the curry from sticking to the pan.
Step 7: Finishing the Curry
Add the lemon juice to the curry and remove it from the heat. Let the curry sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Step 8: Serving
Serve the aromatic Sri Lankan-style chicken curry over rice or with a side of naan or roti. Enjoy! Consider adding this recipe to your list of the best dairy free recipes.
3. Chicken, Date & Tamarind Curry With Kachumber
Making Chicken, Date, and Tamarind Curry with Kachumber is as follows:
- Start by preparing the kachumber. In a large bowl, mix together the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and onion. Sprinkle salt and lemon juice over the mixture, and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and ghee over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds that must be fried till fragrant, it will take hardly 30 seconds max.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Then, add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they have softened.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Next, add the chopped dates and tamarind juice to the pan. Stir well, then cover the pan and let the chicken cook for 15-20 minutes or until it is fully cooked through.
- Serve the chicken, date, and tamarind curry with the kachumber on the side. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, and enjoy!
In conclusion, dairy free recipes have become increasingly popular due to the growing number of people who are either lactose intolerant or have chosen to adopt a dairy-free diet for health reasons. There are many delicious and creative recipes that cater to this need, including dairy-free mac and cheese, ice cream, smoothies, pizza, and baked goods. These recipes offer a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional dairy-based dishes, making them a popular choice for those who are looking to improve their health and well-being. These are the best dairy free recipes that you must be aware of. Moreover, visit the official Feedhour website to learn about the best dairy and gluten free recipes and recipe dairy free.