On 8th September 2022, the world lost an iconic monarch, Queen Elizabeth II who was also the longest reigning monarch in the history of the Royal Family.
When will the Queen Elizabeth funeral take place?
The Queen’s funeral will take place on 19th September 2022 at Westminster Hall, United Kingdom.
Will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend her funeral?
Yes, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the Queen’s funeral. They arrived at Balmoral Castle right after the Queen’s death.
The Queen’s funeral plans:
- The Queen will have a state funeral on 19th September 2022. A unique part about the entire structure is that the Queen herself played a role in deciding and strategizing her funeral plans.
- The funeral will happen at Westminster Abbey where the Archbishop of Canterbury will lead the service.
- Till the day of the funeral, the Queen’s casket will lie-in-state at Westminster Hall for four days. During this time the public will be allowed to pay their respects for 23 hours everyday till 18th September.
- On the day of the funeral, the UK will hold a two minute national silence at midday in honor of the Queen.
- The entire service will be televised, from the Queen’s journey from Westminster Abbey to St. George’s Chapel after which there will be a completely private service with only the senior members of the royal family.
- Queen Elizabeth II will be laid to rest at the same place as her sister Princess Margaret, her parents and her husband – St. George’s Chapel.
- The procession will consist of a horse-drawn carriage which will be transported on a gun carriage and will follow the path through the Queen’s gardens, the mall, whitehall, parliament street, parliament square and new palace yard.
Who all will attend the Queen’s funeral?
- The queen’s funeral will be attended by all the royal members including all her children, and their own families.
- The new princess of Wales Kate Middleton and Prince William, the next in line will also attend the funeral along with his brother Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
- Along with the royal family, the Prime Ministers, Presidents and international figures will also be attending.
- The new President of the UK, Liz Truss will also attend the funeral.
- For the general public, the entire funeral will be televised.
With the death of Queen Eizabeth II, Prince Charles is now the reigning monarch and was immediately given the title of King. The Queen reigned for 73 years and saw the UK become the nation that it is today.
Read More at FEEDHOUR.